Safe & Sound
If you do have a car accident, your safety is our first concern. Once you are sure you are safe, we want to help you handle this accident as efficiently as possible, so we have prepared a simple check list, to help you through this difficult time.
You might like to print out this list and keep it in your car with your insurance card.
What to do after a car accident
- Stay calm. Make sure your vehicle is out of the way of traffic.
- If you believe people are injured call 911, but do not try to move them.
- Call the police to file a report. Get the name, phone number, address and driver’s license number of everybody involved. Get contact information for all witnesses, too.
- Gather vehicle (make, model, color) and insurance information for every vehicle involved. If you have a camera, take pictures.
- If you have an accident report form in your vehicle, complete it as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that you might miss important details.
- Do not admit fault. Let the authorities complete their investigation.
- Call Safeway Insurance on (888) 203-5129 to report the accident as soon as you can.
Report A Claim